How can I apply to serve on a Council?
- You can apply online beginning February 11, 2015. The application process ends at 11:59 pm on March 11, 2015. If you do not have access to a personal computer, the Division of Family and Community Engagement (FACE) will send you information on how to use computers at FACE’s office, in local district offices and schools, and at public libraries Please call 212.374.4118 or email CCECinfo@schools.nyc.gov to submit your application.
- To apply to serve on a Community Education Council (CEC), click HERE (on or after February 1). Be sure to use the drop down bar to indicate which CEC(s) you’d like to serve on!
- To apply to serve on a Citywide Council, click HERE (on or after February 13, 2013). Be sure to specify which Citywide Council(s) you’d like to serve on!
- NOTE: if you want to apply for both a CEC and a Citywide Council, you must complete two (2) separate application forms. However, you must rank the Council(s) in order of preference and you will be selected for only one.
How long does it take to complete the Council application form?
- The total amount of time required to complete the Council application form is estimated at 25-30 minutes.
Can I apply to serve on more than one Council?
- Yes, you can apply to serve on more than one Council. However, you can only be selected to serve on one Council. If you are applying to serve on multiple Councils, you must rank each Council you would like to serve on in order of preference.
What if I’m selected to serve on multiple Councils?
- If you are applying to serve on multiple Councils, you must rank each Council you would like to serve on in order of preference. If you are selected to serve on multiple Councils, you will be assigned to serve on the Council you ranked highest,
What are Candidate Forums?
- Candidate Forums are an opportunity for candidates to meet and speak to parents and designated Selectors from their community in order to discuss why they should be selected to serve on an education council.
Are candidates required to attend the Candidate Forums?
- No. However, candidates are strongly encouraged to attend. The forums provide an opportunity for candidates to engage the community directly and express why they believe they should be selected to serve on a council. Candidates who do not attend any of the forum
Besides being a candidate, how can I get involved with the Selection Process for the Councils?
- There are a variety of ways for parents to participate. You can help recruit other candidates to apply for the Councils; attend and ask questions of the candidates during Candidate Forums; help campaign for the candidates you support; and urge your Parent Selectors to vote for the candidates you support during the Selector’s Vote.